Brand new print for Steel City Secret Cinema, Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Evil Dead!!
This wretched GREMLINS inspired painting was done for Steel City Secret Cinema II 80s edition here in Pittsburgh. It will be shown at Most Wanted Fine Art’s “Stuff and Such” gallery starting May 3rd. There are Prints available for $18 Bucks, so stop by and get all nostalgic and stuff!
Prints will be available online soon!
Are ya’ll going to Art All Night in Larryville on the 27th / 28th? You should. Better yet, you should submit some art-stuff. Fun.
Art All Night turns Sweet 16! Take a stroll into Lawrenceville to celebrate the arts and community. Daylight, black of night, or wee hours of the morning: you can stop in and see the show. Come for the art on display, stay for the live art created before your eyes, for the art you can make, the music, the performances, and children’s activities!
Art All Night is FREE to attend and FREE to participating artists. YOU ARE THE ARTIST. We want you to submit ONE of your works of art. Early online registration will be available in early April at www.artallnight.org. Artists submitting work must show a photo ID during both registration and pickup. All artwork must arrive ready to hang or otherwise be displayed. As always: No Fees, No Jury, No Censorship!
This spring, take part in a unique art and film event at the Hollywood Theater in Dormont. For our second event, bust out your shoulder pads, leg warmers, and acid-washed jeans as we are going back to the 1980′s! We’ll once again be mashing up Pittsburgh-based artists and a cult classic horror film (this time, from the 80′s)… and we’ll be following up the evening with a month long display of the work at the Most Wanted Fine Art Gallery.
The movie will remain a secret, the art under wraps, but a ticket will gain you access to the film screening, a limited edition individually numbered movie poster of the “secret” film, access to the work of local artists, raffle giveaways, free food/drink, and local entertainment.
7:00 – 8:30pm – Art Gallery, Food/Drink, Live Music
8:30 – 10:15pm – Film Screening
10:15 – 10:45pm – Unveil Poster, Raffle Prizes
This event is set up to be not-for-profit. All proceeds will be donated to Friends of the Hollywood Theater and the Toonseum. Stay tuned over the coming months as we make additional announcements! Any interested sponsors, artists, volunteers, or general questions, please visit our Contact page.
- Where: The Hollywood Theater (Dormont)
- Address: 1449 Potomac Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15216
- When: Friday, April 26th, 2013
- Time: 7:00PM (Doors) | 8:30PM (Start)
- Tickets: Click Here to Purchase Tickets
- Where: Most Wanted Fine Art Gallery – Stuff N Such Society
- Address: 5015 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15224
- When: Friday, May 3rd, 2013
- Time: 7:00PM
- Tickets: FREE!
More info than ever at www.steelcitysecretcinema.com
Thanks to everyone that came out to Steel City Secret Cinema last night in Dormont. It was kinda like Alamo Drafthouse meets Gallery 1988. For those of you that couldn’t make it, here is the painting that I had showing. The theme for the show was any movie made in Pittsburgh. I couldn’t decide between Robocop and Day of the dead, and this is the result. It’s titled “RoboCorpse” or “When Murphy met Bub”. It hails as the grossest painting I’ve ever done. It just might be showing at House of The Dead in Lawrenceville so keep yer eyes peeled, son.
The movie will remain a secret, the art under wraps, but a ticket will gain you access to the film screening, the work of local artists, raffle giveaways, free food, and local entertainment.
What does a ticket to Steel City Secret Cinema get you?
1. Screening of a western Pennsylvania cult classic film
2. A signed/numbered limited edition movie poster from artist, Brian Holderman
3. Art exhibit from local artists – everything is inspired by Western PA cinema
4. Pre-screening entertainment from local DJ duo, Tracksploitation
5. Hors d’oeuvres prior to the show
6. A raffle ticket for items worth over $1,000 – VIP ticket gets you more chances to win
– Brian Holderman (www.bholderman.com)
– Kelly Blevins (www.kblevins.com)
– Adam Chizmar (http://mindcrimestudios.tumblr.com/)
– Matt Denton (http://somethingdenton.tumblr.com/)
– Dave D’Incau Jr. (www.behance.net/ddincaujr)
– Gwen A.P. (www.gwenap-art.com/)
– John Galo (http://johngalo.tumblr.com/)
– Matt Gondek (www.mattgondek.com)
– Darrell Kinsel (http://www.redbubble.com/people/avantguardian)
– Jordan Kent Martin (http://jordankentmartin.tumblr.com/)
– Michael Koehler (http://mrkoehler.com/)
– Phil Seth (http://www.forbiddenink.com/)
– Seth Storck (http://www.sethstorck.com/)
Movie is rated R, everyone under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
Please share this with your friends, tickets are only $22!
Proceeds to benefit Friends of the Hollywood Theater and The MGR Foundation.
I will be showing a piece tonite at Lawrenceville Art All Night. Bring some 3d glasses cus this shits gonna be for real.
fast>>fwd Gallery on Penn Ave is having their final opening this Friday, June 4th. I and 8 other artists will be showing 2 paintings each at this show.
Friday, June 4, 2010 at 6:00pm
Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 10:00pm
fast fwd Gallery
3700 Penn Ave
I wasn’t able to fly out to LA to see this show at La Luz De Jesus Gallery, but my good friend Comel was there and snapped a couple pictures. Thanks dude!
I will be showing a piece at La Luz De Jesus Gallery in their 12th annual “Everything But the Kitschen Sync” group show.
Exhibition Dates: Friday, March 6, 2009 – Sunday, March 29, 2009
Opening Reception: March 6, 2009, 8-11pm
4633 Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles CA
Visit laluzdejesus.com for more information
I will be exhibiting work as a part of the group show “Vicious Landscapes” at OneWay Gallery in Narragansett, RI from 9/26 – 10/19. For more information go to theonewaygallery.com
I will be exhibiting some of my work at Garfield Artworks
in “Evolution in Arts V” group show.
Opening July 4th through July 24.
Cool review of our show!
Read the CITY PAPER article