This wretched GREMLINS inspired painting was done for Steel City Secret Cinema II 80s edition here in Pittsburgh. It will be shown at Most Wanted Fine Art’s “Stuff and Such” gallery starting May 3rd. There are Prints available for $18 Bucks, so stop by and get all nostalgic and stuff!
Prints will be available online soon!
The movie will remain a secret, the art under wraps, but a ticket will gain you access to the film screening, the work of local artists, raffle giveaways, free food, and local entertainment.
What does a ticket to Steel City Secret Cinema get you?
1. Screening of a western Pennsylvania cult classic film
2. A signed/numbered limited edition movie poster from artist, Brian Holderman
3. Art exhibit from local artists – everything is inspired by Western PA cinema
4. Pre-screening entertainment from local DJ duo, Tracksploitation
5. Hors d’oeuvres prior to the show
6. A raffle ticket for items worth over $1,000 – VIP ticket gets you more chances to win
– Brian Holderman (www.bholderman.com)
– Kelly Blevins (www.kblevins.com)
– Adam Chizmar (http://mindcrimestudios.tumblr.com/)
– Matt Denton (http://somethingdenton.tumblr.com/)
– Dave D’Incau Jr. (www.behance.net/ddincaujr)
– Gwen A.P. (www.gwenap-art.com/)
– John Galo (http://johngalo.tumblr.com/)
– Matt Gondek (www.mattgondek.com)
– Darrell Kinsel (http://www.redbubble.com/people/avantguardian)
– Jordan Kent Martin (http://jordankentmartin.tumblr.com/)
– Michael Koehler (http://mrkoehler.com/)
– Phil Seth (http://www.forbiddenink.com/)
– Seth Storck (http://www.sethstorck.com/)
Movie is rated R, everyone under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
Please share this with your friends, tickets are only $22!
Proceeds to benefit Friends of the Hollywood Theater and The MGR Foundation.
I will be showing a piece tonite at Lawrenceville Art All Night. Bring some 3d glasses cus this shits gonna be for real.
fast>>fwd Gallery on Penn Ave is having their final opening this Friday, June 4th. I and 8 other artists will be showing 2 paintings each at this show.
Friday, June 4, 2010 at 6:00pm
Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 10:00pm
fast fwd Gallery
3700 Penn Ave
I snapped a couple shots at Modern Formations’ Spring Salon Friday night. It was pretty packed there. I couldn’t move my arms at times. Good show none the less. There’s a lot of great work there, I only took pics of the back room of the show for some reason though. But it’ll be up till April 24th, so if you’re in the Pittsburgh area, you should check it.